Save the Date! – Sunday June 22nd, 2014 – “Walk On” for CARD
What is “Walk On” for CARD?
- It’s the new signature fundraiser in place of CARDathon in the Park. It is still a walk-a-thon but the difference is that you are now walking in support of the CARD horses. What makes this so great is that ALL OF CARD’S RIDERS CAN PARTICIPATE!!!
- The walk-a-thon will still take place at G. Ross Lord Park and will consist of 2 distances. The 1km walk will take place on even pavement so that our riders who use mobility devices can participate. The 3km walk will take place on one of the beautiful trails here in the park.
- There will only be 2 times to walk: 10am and 11am
- You will still collect pledges in support of your favorite horse at CARD.
- You will still get breakfast and a bbq lunch
- This year to commemorate CARD’s 45th Anniversary, we are only asking you to raise a minimum of $45 in pledges!!
- You can walk together in a group with your friends and family
- It’s going to be a fun day, so if you feel like wearing a costume or a silly hat, please feel free to do so!
- There will be a prize for the top 3 pledge earners. These prizes will be given out at the CARD Volunteer Recognition night in September.