Thank you for your interest in the Community Association for Riders with Disabilities.
How do I become a CARD Client?
The process for acceptance into the CARD program is a two-step process involving the completion of the new rider application package and a program intake assessment, conducted on-site.
How much does it cost to ride?
The type of class that best suits your needs/abilities is determined at the Intake Assessment. There is a $100.00 non-refundable fee for the assessment. Sessions run 8-11 weeks depending on time of year, and riders come once a week. Cost: $60-65. per lesson.
The process is as follows:
1. Once your online application form has been submitted, an auto-response from the system sends three additional forms to you. One form is for your doctor to complete, one should be completed by the client/parent, and the last form is for your therapist to complete (OT, PT, SLP).
2. When all the forms have been submitted and reviewed, CARD staff will call you to come in for an intake assessment to ensure the CARD program is a suitable match for your needs and abilities. During the assessment, recommendations are made regarding which classes would be most suitable for you, based on your assessment outcomes, treatment goals and abilities. Please note that an assessment fee of $100 will be collected at the time of your appointment.
3. Please be aware that there are several contraindications and precautions to participating in a therapeutic riding program and that the programs offered at CARD may not be suitable and/or beneficial to your specific needs.
4. At the end of your assessment, you will be told if CARD is able to support your needs and goals. If that is the case, you are provided with the name of your suitable class types and the day(s) and time(s) that lesson type is run. Depending on the timing of your assessment and our next session Registration period, you may be able to register right away for a class, or there may be a brief wait for the next registration period to open.
5. If you are not a suitable candidate, CARD will inform you as to the reason why. Please be aware that completion of the assessment does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
6. Registration for classes takes place online. When the registration period opens, you will receive an email with the appropriate link. You will need to secure your time slot by logging on to the site and submitting your Rider Preference form. CARD charges $60-65 per lesson, depending on lesson type. Fees are collected up front for each 9 – 11 week term. There are no refunds/makeups given for cancellations made by the participant.
7. Clients are provided with a Rider Policy outlining CARD processes and procedures for participation, information collection, payment, etc. By enrolling in classes, clients agree to be familiar with and abide by the policies therein.
8. As with all therapy programs, on-going participation depends on continued suitability regarding therapy/riding goals, medical status and compliance with CARD program policies.
We look forward to helping you benefit from the special therapeutic programs CARD has to offer.
Please click the button below to begin the application process.