We do ask you to please take some time to review our modified operating protocols as it is not yet business as usual. In consultation with the local health authorities, we have refreshed these protocols to make sure that they are in line with current public health guidance. We are asking everyone to please review the details in this document as these protocols will be strictly enforced at all times. Please note that these procedures are applicable to anyone who is physically on our premises, not just our riders and volunteers. The operating protocols are available here on our website, and copies will be posted in the arena, in the barn, and in the lounge area at CARD.
The safety of our riders, volunteers, and staff is our number one priority. Outlined below are the key procedures that have been put in place to keep everyone safe and well, while we continue to navigate through Covid-19.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy: Updated!
In accordance with CARD’s duty to provide a facility free of known hazards and recognize that we serve a vulnerable population of children and adults with special needs:
Vaccines are no longer mandated but strongly recommended.
- All persons entering the CARD facility will no longer be required to wear a mask, however, there might be some individuals that are immune compromised who may wish to continue masking. In this case, their direct volunteer team will be required to wear a mask. This will be shared with you by your instructor.
- If you have the presence of any symptoms associated with COVID-19 or if you have any possible or known exposure to someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days, you MAY NOT enter the CARD facility.
- The kitchen and offices will be off-limits to everyone except staff members.
- Each class will have a designated person that will monitor the front door, sign in volunteers, and ensure that protocols regarding arrivals/departures and guests are adhered to.
- Clients have to purchase their own riding helmets.
- There will be only four (4) people in the barn tacking up, the rest will set up the arena.
Volunteer PPE Requirements
- We encourage Volunteers and staff to sanitize their hands before interacting with a new client.
Client PPE Requirements
- Riders are no longer required to wear masks, but if you prefer to continue wearing a mask you are welcome to.
- We recognize that our clients that are immune compromised may wish to continue masking and have their volunteer team wear a mask, please arrange that with your Instructor or with our Director of Therapeutic Riding Services-Seana Waldon
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me .
Elaine Brooks, Executive Director
Community Association for Riders with Disabilities
4777 Dufferin Street, Toronto, ON M3H 5T3
B: 416-667-8600 www.card.ca F: 416-739-7520
I am inquiring about your riding therapy program for my grandson who is almost 17 years old, with autism and Tourette. Would you consider him for the program even though he has tics which occasionally interfere with day to day activities. Thank you for your consideration.
We do offer programs for your grandson! The first step in the application procedure is to fill out the New Rider Application located on our website. Once we receive it we can then book you in for an assessment.
Due to Covid backlogs, the in-person assessment will most likely be mid-late fall. Please feel free to give us a call for further information or if you need help finding the form.
416 667 8600