Program Director/Executive Director
Volunteers, Riders, and Horses
Benefits CARD by teaching safe, therapeutically beneficial classes. Benefits the instructors through continuing education, increased knowledge, financial assistance for certification opportunities, the satisfaction of helping others, and socialization opportunities.
- Previous teaching/horse experience,
- Responsible, punctual, good interpersonal skills, good communication skills, good organizational skills, understanding of disabilities, willingness to
• achieve certification if not currently certified
• have knowledge of the CARD policies and procedures
• have knowledge of the PATH Accreditation Standards
1. OEF Rider Level 2 or equivalent
2. Working towards PATH Registered Instructor Certification and/or
3. CanTRA Assistant Instructor
4. Current First Aid/CPR certification
5. Must attend a minimum of four out of five scheduled meetings a year.
If you are interested in becoming an Instructor, please contact CARD for more information.
Download a pdf of the CARD Volunteer Application Form HERE